With the rise and growth of the internet, retail has changed, and online retail is the new thing. What has happened is, now as small business, one can get its products into hands of customer directly. This is because internet is the one involved in distribution. You can create an online store that millions of people can view around the world.
With some helpful tips below, you can easily start and manage an online store:
- Use simple and easy to use online store builder. Examples include Shopify, and if you’re WordPress user, use premium plugin –WooCommerce to build an online store for yourself. Make sure you use ecommerce website builder that is reliable, trustworthy, not too complicated and provide a seamless user experience.
- Whenever you build an online store, keep search engine optimization in mind. With the use of online store builders like Shopify and WooCommerce, both provide features for search engine optimization that you can make use of.
- Another tip is to think about social media marketing. Ideally, you should build your social media presence before you start an online store. So, that once you start it, you actually have a group of people who are going to be interested in your products. Because, there is no point to create an online store if no one is interested in.
- Next tip is to have a specific niche. Don’t try to be the next Amazon – who offers all different products in all different types of categories that caters to every single person. Find one target group that you’re trying to attract to your online store website, and serve them the best you possibly can!
- Make sure to include relevant content to products your online store website sells. Blog about your specific industry. Avoid random articles that are unrelated to your products. For example, if you’re in weight loss industry, be relevant to this specific topic.
- Not to limit yourself by the choice of domain name. Like, if you’re selling shoes on your website today, it doesn’t mean that your online store website won’t grow in two or three years. Probably, you would add different items to your inventory so instead of limiting domain names, find a name that encompasses in general.
- Focus on how to bring customers back or repeat clients to your online store. This could be done by adding an incentive program or reward scheme. So, when customers make a purchase, they get some points and by building up enough points, they get a free gift or 50% off from your online store website.
Our Master's Series on eCommerce continues with Fulfilling Orders. This is an important step in setting up your online store. There are several factors to consider, including integration and simplicity. https://t.co/SmlQ4TGGF7 #ecommerce pic.twitter.com/wnIe0rCNyC
— nōvusweb (@novusweb) 13 de marzo de 2018